Mar 24, 2021
Welcome to the first episode of The Path, hosted by Gup Ghuiliani, Operating Partner at Telstra Ventures. In this videocast and podcast series, we uncover how successful entrepreneurs navigate the world of venture capital to scale rapidly. For each episode, we invite the founders of successful businesses to share their experiences and insights on what they’re going through and the changes they’ve made going forward. Today, we talk with Nick Bulcao, co-founder and CEO of Airspace, a shipping service for critical, valuable goods that’s disrupting the entire industry.
Check out the YouTube version of this show here: https://youtu.be/p4T0iBQ-aB4
In this episode we cover:
1. Why did you decide to start Airspace?
2. What early failures almost wiped out the company?
3. When did you decide to raise capital?
4. What mistakes did you make deploying the capital and how did you rectify them?
5. How do you grow from 5 to 50 employees and now 150 – double in the next 12 to 18 months.
6. What’s next on the horizon?
7. When you talk to other entrepreneurs, what lessons learned do you give them to be successful?
8. Do you have an exit strategy?
GUEST Info Nicholas Bulcao is Co-Founder and CEO of Carlsbad, Calif.-based Airspace, a leader in time-critical shipments. Bulcao is a well-established entrepreneur and has successfully owned and scaled businesses within the logistics industry for nearly 20 years. Bulcao founded Airspace in 2015 after he discovered a major communication and visibility problem in the industry, and set out to deliver a solution. Bulcao has seen tremendous growth within Airspace and is responsible for leading the company’s nearly 150 employees on all strategic decisions and investment opportunities throughout the U.S. and in its ever-expanding international markets.
Learn more at https://www.airspace.com/